Wednesday, April 7, 2010

V-shaped UFO seen over New Mexico

Report from MUFON:

Date of event: March 31, 2010
Location of event: near Rio Rancho, New Mexico

"Ever since my sighting last summer, I scan the sky whenever possible looking for more. I went outside to let my dog do his thing before retiring to bed and saw what at first appeared to be a star low on the horizon WSW of me over the Rio Rancho area of W. Albuquerque, which is west of road "528" where the suburb density drops off into desert.

This object was very bright, and no other stars were in the vicinity (it was a full moon), and even though it didn't have FAA flashing lights, I still figured it was an oncoming plane's lights or something, and didn't pay particular attention to it. About 2-3 minutes later, I looked again and noticed that the "plane" not only hadn't moved at all, but the bright, white light had now changed to red, so I ran inside to get my binoculars (7 x 50).

Through the binoculars, I saw what appeared to be a large "V" shape, hanging in the air, pulsing red-green-red-green. Rt 528 is about 15 miles from me as the crow flies, and at first this thing appeared huge, but in the 15 minutes I watched it, it leveled out - still pulsing red-green until it drifted west to the point where I could no longer see it with the naked eye.

But through the binoculars, I could still see it, and then in a few minutes it got so far away it was gone. Anybody traveling south on 528, which goes North to South, must have seen this thing as its size was considerable, so I'm hoping for a corresponding report."

No comments:

Post a Comment