Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bright, moving object lights hood of motorist's truck in Maine

Report from MUFON:

Date reported: February 10, 2010
Date of event: January 26, 2010
Location of event: Maine, USA

"I was returning from a Town Hall meeting in my small, rural Maine town heading to my home on a rural road. I was driving my newer model pickup truck.

The time was 8:14 PM on January 26, 2010. It was fully dark outside, and the sky was clear.

This road does not have any street lights, and there were no other cars around. About 1/2 mile from my home, a very bright, white light came from behind me in the sky and flew directly over my truck.

It appeared to be a shooting star, but after approximately a second of watching it, it changed direction from straight away from me to a very sharp angle off to my right.

The object did not slow down, flicker, or change intensity as it changed direction. It simply went from going away from me, to going off to my right in the sky.

When it passed over me, it actually lit up the hood of my truck - it was that bright.

I estimate I saw the object for approximately one to two seconds before it changed direction, then for approximately another 1/2 - 1 second after it changed direction... for a total of approximately 1 1/2 seconds to 3 seconds.

After the object changed direction, it simply disappeared.

At first I couldn't (in my mind) reconcile what I had seen. It started out as a really bright shooting star in my mind, but when it changed directions so abruptly, I couldn't come to terms with what I might have witnessed
."

No comments:

Post a Comment